Saturday, June 27, 2009

Welcome to the Apologia Akadimia!

Apologia Akadimia is the name of my private education courses. They are designed by me, with the help of my parents, to learn as much as I can with the abundance of resources already available to me.

My very first goal is to bring glory to God, and to grow closer to Him. Second, only to that, my main goal in this course is to gain knowledge. I'm not interested in impressing man, rather, I learn to please God. Because of my convictions about college campuses (they're more about 'the college experience' than actually learning, not to mention their anti-Christian worldviews) and because I'm not going to have a 'career' (as a woman, I'm called to be a keeper-at-home - it's Scriptural), I have no desire nor need to earn an accredited college degree. Therefore, I'm devoting my years as a single graduate serving my family at home!

I'm earning my 'mommy degree' by babysitting a family with nine kids as often as I can. I'm earning my 'housework degree' by taking on a larger load of chores at home. I'm earning my 'sewing degree' by learning from my younger sister who is a whiz when it comes to needles and thread. I'm earning my 'cooking degree' by preparing foods for our home whenever needed and putting together family cookbooks. And I minor in a host of other things. I literally learn 'hands-on.'

But, of course, one of my favorite pastimes is growing in my 'book knowledge.' I love to study anything and everything. But my very favorites are Theology, Apologetics, Worldview, World Religions & Cultures, History, Creation Science and Government. That is why I'm attending Apologia Akadimia - a world of knowledge located right in my bedroom!

For accountability and recording purposes, this blog has been born to document my journey in knowledge.

I do hope you enjoy reading it!

Christ's blessings,




3 comments:

  1. Wow! I really like that, even though you aren't taking a "career" that you are putting more effort into actually going on with those skills, not just saying you'll be a stay at home mom/wife. That you're putting EFFORT into doing better.
    Amazing!! Praying for you along the way. :D

    -Danae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shel!
    Awesome blog! I love the name. When did you start this one? You are still going to keep up with the other one, right?
    Love the background!
    Love you lots and lots!
    <3 x 1 billion

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure how I missed these comments!

    Nae: Thank you for your sweet comments and prayers! <3

    Juliana: I started this one, well, on the date of this 'Welcome' post. Thanks for your compliments! =) And don't worry, King's Daughters will not go away.. Love you more...

    Christ's blessings,
    Shelby

    ReplyDelete